Friday, October 7, 2011

My First Post

This is my first shot at this blogging stuff. Right now it will be mostly about my crafting, or more crocheting. As my life changes, my blogs will refocus to what is going on in my life.
First I would like to post about the blanket I am working on now. I have made a few different blankets for special people, mostly for their new little bundle of joys. The blanket I am working on now is for a friend of my sister. She specifically asked for certain colors. This is the first time I am making a blanket with red yarn. I was a little worried about how red would work for a baby blanket, but it actually works with the other colors. I think this is going to turn out very nice.


The pattern is fairly simple. I love that it is made with squares because I can finish a square and feel accomplished. One group of squares will look like this, and then another group of squares will switch the blue and brown. The squares will alternate.

No comments:

Post a Comment